Pages

5.16.2010

Visiting the Sunshine State Part 3: Beauty and the Beach

Part 1 is here.
Part 2 is here.

I couldn't think of any other title so if you wanna laugh at the "beauty" part, go ahead! :D

It was either gloomy or rainy during the first 4 days since we got to Gulf Breeze so we mostly stayed at home. I thought it would stay like that for the rest of our vacation days and I was starting to get frustrated. Fortunately, the sun came out on the 5th day so we did the family pictures in the afternoon (see part 2), and the next day Brandon and I went to Pensacola Beach resort. We heard rumors that the beach would be closed for the summer due to the oil spill problem in the gulf coast. That would suck for beach goers and more for the businesses on the resort.



We wanted to go swimming but the water was a little too chilly since it had been raining the past days. The waves were big that the beach warned the non-swimmers to stay on the shore. I know how to swim, I just can't survive swimming too far and I haven't gone deep either, so I guess that makes me a non-swimmer, haha. Brandon wouldn't let me swim even a few feet away because according to him several tourists already died on this beach for not following the beach warnings. Sure daddy, if you say so, :D.



We just laid on the sand for a little more than an hour tanning and enjoying the breeze.


Then we built sand castle.

I couldn't get my empire to look like Brandon's :P

We fixed the fences like 4 times because the waves kept washing them out.

We didn't have a beach umbrella and we felt like fishes being dried on the shore. Brandon didn't bring sunglasses either, and at 12 p.m., the sun was blinding. So we had to go home early.

I loved seeing my skin uniformly dark again (except for the tan lines from the bikini) after the long winter in Utah. Brandon never gets dark unlike his siblings. If he lays out in the sun for hours, he'll just get burned but his color will look almost exactly the same.

We went to a sushi bar slash Chinese buffet restaurant for dinner. The place just recently opened and I loved how clean it was inside. The foods were delish too. We didn't order sushi. Brandon never eats sea foods and I haven't tried sushi before and I don't think I ever will. I'm just not very experimental when it comes to food.

round 1

round 2

I usually eat a lot more than this at a buffet. I just wasn't hungry because we ate some chips at the beach.

And speaking of Chinese restaurant, my cookie fortunes are piling up. I've lost some of them but I have the rest, I just need to find where they are, haha. I'll post 'em all here later.

Click here to read Part 4, the last part.

No comments: