Pages

5.08.2010

Visiting the Sunshine State Part 2: Meet the Crew

To read Part 1, click here.

This is my U.S. family. Brandon has 2 sisters and a brother. Each member has a very strong relationship with one another, and they're all very sweet and loving people. I am one of those immigrants who are in good hands and very thankful for that.

A little information about the Carree's. Brandon's dad works for B.P. America and his mom is a SAHM. Brittany, the younger sister (curly red hair, red shirt) is studying cosmetology and has a stinkin' cute boy, Parker. She used to do modelling before she had a baby. Brianne, the youngest girl (long blonde hair, blue shirt) is a junior in high school. Bryce, the youngest kid in the family is 9. He's the dad's buddy. Brandon and Bryce have almost the same personality. They're both quiet and video game addicts. At 9, Bryce already has his own PS3!

This greeted us at the doorstep when we got to my in-laws house in Gulf Breeze.



the dudes

the chickas


Some pictures of just me and B


My mother-in-law was taking pictures of Brit and Parker at the same time that I took this one, that's why they're not looking at my camera.

Bryce, being an uncle :)


These 2 always remind me of my own sisters. It's fun having other girls in the family! :)

After the family pictures, we ate dinner at a sea food restaurant on Pensacola Beach. I think this photo looks funny. I was taking a picture of the lemonade. Brandon's mom noticed it and tried to pose.

I'm addicted to lemonades. Raspberry or plain, pour some for me please!

Caught in the act: Husband stealing a sip of his wife's drink!...then pretends like he did nothing. Haha! Brandon and I often act like little kids around each other such as I don't let him eat my food or drink my beverage, then he steals and eats/drinks it whenever he gets the chance to, just to tease me.

Pirates :)


Here are 2 more members of the family that I want you to meet too.

This is Sammy. She's the oldest cat I've ever met. Sammy has been with the family since my husband was little and he told me that she's about 16 years old.

And this is Micha (pron: Mai-kah), a male Persian. I'm actually sad while writing this part. Micha is a very sweet cat. I fell in love with him quickly. In fact, I like him better than my own cat, Wyatt. He's only 2 years old. The day that we left Gulf Breeze, I noticed that Micha's breathing was fast. He also seemed to be weak. He was lying on the floor most of the time and only got up when I hinted him to, but would lie back down right away. So I told Brandon about my observation with Micha and he relayed it to his mom. We were on the plane on our way back to SLC when we got a text from Brandon's mom informing us that they took Micha to the vet. At first the vet thought the cat had asthma so they gave him oxygen. But the vet later found a worse diagnosis, Micha had a heart failure and required surgery. This meant costing my parents-in-law thousands of dollars. So they just resorted to the option of putting him to sleep. Micha died the night that we got home. This news made me cry. I just didn't want him to die that early. This is the reason why sometimes I'm hesitant of owning another pet. I fear of losing them one day.



To read Part 3, click here.

No comments: